Egypt Mill, Nailsworth, Gloucestershire
Egypt Mill was built over earlier mills in the 18th century and the Miller’s House was built in 1698. Our client acquired both in 1985 in very sad condition when Nailsworth was also a run-down town.
With help from English Heritage the Mill buildings were courageously restored and converted to a complex of Restaurant, Function Rooms, Bar and Hotel accommodation; all while retaining the two water wheels and the surviving machinery.
Nailsworth now flourishes, with Egypt Mill offering high quality facilities in the centre of town.
Marshall and Kendon Architects have helped with various developments both in and around the buildings.